SOME GD TOPICS
MH-CET GD TOPIC(2010-2012) AT VARIOUS CENTRE(JBIMS,KJIMSR,SIMREE,PUMBA)
1.Should we have more IIT or IIM ?
2.We should stop crying about sex education and prevent AIDS.
3.Inflation : Can it be controlled in the current world scenario?
4.Management skills learnt in class can never match those learnt from experience.
5.Money is better than honey.
6.Voting in India shall be made a legal duty rather than a legal right.
7.Universal disarmament is necessary.
8.Anger is like fire !It can burn everything.
9.Indian railway should be privatised?
10.Leagal enactment can bring about social change?
11.Should elections in India be replaced by presidential elections to reduce Criminal activities in Politics?
12.Laughter is the best medicine.
13.Should foreign educational institutes be allowed in India- Its pros and cons
14.Should board exams be scraped?
15.Learning from the competitors is the only way to be competetively sustainable?
16.Can professional managers be successfull in family run businesses?
17.No one can prove you inferior without your permission.
18.corporate managers are puppets in the hands of politicians
19.Religion is the heart of nation but science and technology is the brain and body.
20.Beauty contests degrade womanhood.
21.You do not need maths to be bank officers.
22.INFLATION : causes & solutions!
23.Should higher education be given the status of an Industry ?
24.Internet and cable TV are making class-room education redundant.
25.Should india give kashmir to Pakistan?
26.Should consumer satisfaction be delivered at any cost?
27.To become successful you should follow the advice which you give others.
28.Disaster Management in India is disaster in itself.
29.Prosperity belongs to those who learn the new things fastest.
30.Coaching Classes should be banned or Not?
31.China's occupation of Tibet is a security threat to India.
32.Age of information.
33.winners don't do different things they do things differently.
34.Education and success correlation.
35.Self disciplined is progress!
36.Attitude is key to success!
37.Why can't we be world players in Industry as in Software?
38.Corruption is an economic lubricant, and may not be all that bad.
39.Value based Politics is the need of Hour!
40.Best and the worst advertisments of india!
41.OHH BABY, U HAV CUM A LONG WAY, The Feminist power!
42.Indian film reflect the Indian social culture!
43.Best and worst ads in India!
44.Corruption is a means of success in every sphere of life.
45.India is a soft nation...!
46.Position of women in india compared to other nations.
47.Democracy is luxury in India.
48.Management objective is to gain profits.
49.As in Industry, cricketers'remuneration should be entirely performance based.
50.Democracy - who is the winner? Public or Politics?
51.Decisions determine destiny..!
52.India needs to create more entrepreneurs.
53.Prosperity is what business creates for politicians to take credit for.
54.All entreprenuers are MBA,all MBA's are not entreprenurs!
55.Reservations in the education sector?
56.Celebrity endorsements in Advertisements!
57.Stronger the wind Stronger the trees!
58.women can handle both career and home efficiently.
59.Something to do with media and ethics.
60.Should the government build more IIT's IIM's or should they concentrate on primary and secondary education.
61.Does liberalization lead to poverty?
62.Piracy in the field of computer and bollywood.
63.Electorate should have right to reject any candidate.
64.Education system needs serious reforms.
65.Are our degree job oriented?
66.Banning girls from going to pubs,celebrating new year & Valentine's day saves our culture??
67.Dot com or doubt com?
68.Bullet for Bullet: Is it the right policy?
69.Water Resources should be nationalized.
70.We don't learn from History,we repeat it.
71.Attitude takes you to Altitude.
72.Bribery in business is unavoidable.
73.knowlege leads to name and fame!
74.Retail shops leads to displacement of mom and pop stores.
75.Credit cards lead to unwanted spending.
76.Private universities are good for India!
77.should larger states be broken into smaller ones?
78.Age alone as a criteria for the right to vote is not correct ,Education also should be considered.
79.Is a Coalition Government better than a single party government?
80.When work is pleasure,life is joy.
81.Indian Villages : Strength or Weakness!
82.Generation X: Drivers of future or are they Lost souls..!
83.Efficiency from skill, Success from Will.
84.should all students during MBA course be required to stay in a village & do a project on rural management before being given the degree?
85.What Corrective Measures we do to control our ever increasing population??
86.Should the government continue to subsidize petroleum and fertilizers?
87.Can stimulus packages bailout economy?
88.Why Indians tend to perform well professionally when they live overseas?
89.The whole science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking.
90.Has man created god or god created man??
91.What can attract more talented youths to join armed forces?
92.Should 20 to 25 year youth be given compulsory military training?
93.The rewards in business go to a man who does something with an idea!!
94.The rupee 1 lac car is a burden on the enviornment?
95.Capitalism as a system is flawed but the others are worse?
96.Distinction between the middleclass and the lower class is now a myth in india.
97.The most successfull businessman is one one who holds on to the old just as long as
it is good and grabs the new just as soon it is better.
98.Are Mahatma Gandhi's ideals relevant today?
99.Previously wars were fought for supremacy. Future wars will be fought for market share.
101.US-Pak Relationship and how it affects India?
102.Contract Farming: an opportunity or a threat?
103.All Reservations Should Be Ended Forthwith...!
104.One Country is Better than Many Nations.
105.Industrialisation leads to both economic growth & growth of slums.
106.People find it eazy to fight for principles than to live up to it.
1. US war on Iraq-justified or not.
2. Role of UN in peacekeeping.
3. Position of Women in India compared to other nations.
4. Environment Management.
5. Is China better than India in software?
6. Should SONIA Gandhi be made the PM
7. BPOs in INDIA
8. Govt contribution to IT
9. Will punch lines rule the Advt?
10. Premarital sex
11. Is china a threat to Indian industry?
12. India or west, which is the land of opportunities?
13. Water resources should be nationalized.
14."BALANCE BETWEEN PROFESSIONALISM AND FAMILY"
15. Effect of cinema on Youth
16. Education in India compared to foreign nations.
17. What is the effect of movies on youth.(is it good or bad)
18. Are studies more beneficial in India or in Abroad?
19."UN's peace activities" and "America's war on Iraq".
21. Is China a threat to the Indian software industry?
22. Role of UN in Peace keeping
23.War on Iraq
24.About Hockey being the primary game in India.
25. Is china a threat to India?
26. Present state of Indian Cricket team.
27. Love marriage/Arranged marriage.
28. Advantages of Co-education.
1. How to deal with international terrorism.
2. Should we pursue our policy of dialogue with Pakistan?
3. Is peace and non-violence outdated concepts?
4. KG Basin Dispute between Ambani Brothers.
1.A Unipolar World spells disaster for underdeveloped countries like India.
2. Is Globalization Really Necessary?
3. What shall we do about our ever-increasing Population?
4. Corruption is the price we pay for Democracy.
5. Foreign Television Channels are destroying our culture.
6. What India needs is a Dictatorship.
7. With media publishing and telecasting trivia, censorship is the need of the hour.
8. Kaun Banega Krorepati’ is less about knowledge but more about money and personality.
9. Beauty contests degrade womanhood
10.The rise of regional blocs threatens independent nations like India
11. Six billion and one bronze!
12. Is dependence on computers a good thing?
13. Should the public sector be privatized?
14. China and India are similar nations with contrasting ways.
15. Is India a Soft Nation?
16. Value based politics is the need of the hour.
17. Religion should not be mixed with politics
18. How to deal with high oil prices?
19. Our cricketers are not to blame for match fixing.
20. Why can’t we be world players in industry as we are in software?
21. Multinational corporations: Are they devils in disguise?
22. Should there be limits on artistic freedom (the controversy on Fire).
23. Should there be private universities?
24. Does banning fashion shows and New Year parties save our culture?
1. Are Big Dams Necessary?
2. Films are corrupting the Indian Youth!
3. A Gandhian State selling liquor is an anomaly!
4. Bride burning and dowry may look bad, but are an integral part of India!
5. Our Culture is Decaying!
6. We are not serious about saving Wildlife/Environment
7. The education system needs serious reforms.
8. The impact of MTV on our psyche!
9. Showing Violence and Crimes should not be allowed in films and on television.
10. Let us legalize gambling!
11. The Internet chains have come on the wings of science and technology but are no less respective for all that.
12. Secularism has become a tool to justify the wrongs done by the minorities.
13. Media is a mixed blessing/How ethical is media?
14. To fight Aids, stop being coy about sex education.
15. What should India strive for- Westernization or modernization?
1. Have the nuclear tests of 1998 benefited or harmed India?
2. Voters, not, political parties are responsible for the criminalization of politics.
3. The voters are required to be well informed and educated about their candidates so that they can elect the right aspirant by their own assessment.
4. India should go forthe presidential form of democracy.
1. Developing countries need trade, not aid.
2. Why do we lag behind China?
3. Capitalism is a very flawed system but the others are so much worse.
4. Flexibility of labour laws is the key to attracting more Foreign Direct Investment.
5. is the business of business only business?
6. In our economic matters, there is an excessive tendency towards the thinking rather than doing.
7. Every cloud has a silver lining
8. Can the economy achieve a 9 percent growth rate?
9. is disinvestment really that good for India or is a rethink in order?
10. Are co-operatives relevant in today's globalized environment?
11. Foreign aid is a dangerous drug that can stimulate in small doses but become fatally addictive in larger doses.
12. Modern day sport in industrialized society is an industry, as anything else.
13. Government should clean its own hands before pointing finger at the private sector for corruption.
14. is the NPA ordinance too harsh?
15. Reforms have to grow up.
16. The future lies with globalization.
17. Is the consumer really the king in India?
18. Globalization versus nationalism
19. Conditional access system for cable TV watchers: boon or bane?
20. If India is poorly governed, the reason is that we have designed our system of governance for protecting, if not encouraging, corruption?
21. Commercialization of health care: Good or Bad?
22. for globalization to succeed in India people must be able to see what is in it for them
23. Is the US economy headed the Japanese economy way?
24. Economic freedom not old fashioned theories of development will lead to growth and prosperity.
25. Markets left to themselves encourage greed.
26. for globalization to succeed in India people must be able to see what is in it for them
27. Should businessmen run the finance ministry?
28. Should important services like transport be left to market forces?
29. Is there any point in having a business strategy when the world changes from month to month?
30. Is the patents bill good for India?
31. is the business of business only business?
32. Globalization is good for developing countries
33. Public sector being a guarantor of job security is a myth.
34. Is industry less growth here to stay?
35. Capitalism is a very flawed system but the others are so much worse?
36. How can business get rid of the bad name that it has earned?
37. Government pumping money into the economy is not the solution for
our economic problems
38. Business ethics are no longer a luxury for corporates but a necessity?
39. How should privatization proceeds be utilized?
40. Is the budgeting exercise of any use?
41. Should agricultural subsidies be stopped?
42. Will Mumbai's film industry ever evolve into a truly modern corporatised one?
43. Will market reforms enrich rich states further, while poorer ones lag further?
44. Why do we lag behind China?
45. Who says MNCs are superior to Indian companies?
46. Why not use a brand index to measure national prosperity?
47. What we need to reduce scams is better regulatory bodies.
48. War rhetoric is misplaced in a country like India which is trying to globalize its economy.
49. Trade can help the poor?
50. The power ministry should cut off supplies to all the defaulting SEBs.
51. Steal a few lakhs and you're a criminal. Steal a few hundred crores and you become an industrialist.
52. Should PSUs be divested through strategic sale or public offer?
53. The state is above the law?
MANAGEMENT EDUCATION TOPICS:
1. Managerial skills learnt in the classroom can never match those learnt from experience
2. Democracy is hampering India progress
3. MBA in India is highly overrated.
4. Religion is a private affair and should be of no concern for the state
5. Decreasing defense expenditure and increasing social expenditure is the need of the hour
6.Public sector is more a hindrance than help to promote socialism.
7. Economic betterment of the poorer nations is as important as disarmament to ensure lasting world peace.
8. From public sector to privatization as in the U.K., is the right answer for India's instant economic breakthrough.
9. The doctrine of "limited nuclear war" is an ill-convinced, ill-logical, irrational and extremely dangerous concept.
10. Some simple but effective electoral reforms will enable us to retain the present parliamentary system and ensure the preservation of democracy in India.
11. We must have only two national parties to contest parliamentary elections and regional parties should not be allowed to contest for the same.
12.We can increase our food production not only to match our population explosion but also for export provided we adopt modern, mechanized farming methods with large size land holdings.
13. Nuclear war cannot be won and should not be fought.
14. Private enterprise and not public sector will contribute to faster and higher economic growth in India.
15. Inflation is inevitable in our developing country.
16. The policy of reservation is a legacy of the British and it has done more harm than good.
17. Do you think MBAs are useful in the manufacturing / production department?
18. For a marketing post graduate, without prior work experience working in a big marketing firm is a disadvantage when compared with working in a small firm. Discuss.
19. Consumerism is destroying the social fabric of Indian culture.
20. Free market is a prerequisite for growth.
21. Cricket as a national obsession is a detriment to other sports.
22. To develop India has to empower women.
23. Formulate the government's health policy to control the spread of AIDS.
24. Advertising is a waste of resources.
25. Privatization will lead to less corruption.
26. State is the biggest violator of human rights.
27. There can never be a classless society.
28. Beauty pageants are a marketing gimmick.
29. Voting rights to illiterates in India is illogical because it is widely misused.
30. Joint family is a blessing in disguise.
31. Higher education should be made possible only for those who can pay for it.
32. The weaker sex is the weakness of the stronger sex.
33. Women cannot successfully combine both career and home.
34. Women are good managers.
35. Executive should be allowed to form unions.
36. Effect of liberalization on poverty.
37. Indians perform better as individuals rather than in groups.
38. Business and ethics go hand in hand, or do they?
39. Developing countries should spend more on development than on defense.
40. Political parties have outlived their utility.
41. Is Swadeshi relevant for India today?
42. Money is required to earn more money.
43. Foreign trade is necessary for any country to survive.
44. Presidential Vs Parliamentary form of government of India.
45. Technology: The Ism' Of The New Millennium?
46. Religion And Politics Should Not Mix
47. TRIPS Controversy And The Patent Act Amendment
48. Export Stagnation: Causes And Cures
49. Excessive Depiction Of Sex And Violence In Films
50. Classical Music Heritage And The Growing Pop-Culture
51. Decentralization & The Panchayati Raj Institutions
52. Should India Sign The CTBT?
53. State Interventions In Market Kind Or Mixed Economy.
54. Science Is A Boon Or Bane.
55. Is Swapping Terrorists For Hostages An Encouragement For Plane- Hijackers?
56. India and the political dynasties: The Nehru Family context.
57. Nice Guys Finish Last!
58. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy!
59. Individual Freedom and Civil Society!
60. Conventionalism and Modernity: The Ever going Debate!
61. Should There Be A Restriction On Permissiveness Being propagated by The MTV Culture And Foreign Media?
62. Marxism and Its Future All Over The World
63.The Growing Menace of Casteism And Regionalism.
64. Presidential Form Of Government Is Needed In India!
65. Bullet For Bullet: Is It The Right Policy?
66. Capitation Fees Should Be Abolished!
67. Arranged Marriages Are Better Than The Love-Marriages!
68. Brain-Drain Has To Be Stopped!
69. Business and Ethics Can’t / Don't Go Together
70. Are women as good as Men or Inferior?
71. Nothing Succeeds Like Success
72. The Malthusian Economic Prophecy Is No Longer Relevant
73. Secessionism In The North-East: Who's To Blame?
74. Should India Break Diplomatic Ties With Pakistan?
75. Age and Youth: Experience And Young Talent
76. East Is East & West Is Where All The Action Is': Mark Twain
77. Freedom Of _Expression And The State Authority.
78. Capital Punishment Should Be Abolished
79. Tuitions Should Be Banned!
80. India Needs Gujral Doctrine For Better International Relations.
81. Doctors’ Accountability To Improve Health-Care
82. Universal Disarmament Is A Must.
83. Indian Cricket Team Shouldn't Be Allowed To Play Abroad Are Big Dams Necessary.